Monday, May 5, 2014

Day 1 of 5 of Single Mom to 4; 2014 Edition

Wayne left this morning to Colorado for a conference on using some awesome laser cut machine (I think) with some fellow teachers. Basically it's a man cave men's trip with some hours of learning useful, fun and cool stuff. Honestly I can't wait to see how that machine works!! Some way cool stuff can be made and I want to learn myself. 




....and I can't say much because I went on a business trip last month that totally kicked ass (Philly- yet to be blogged because it was so big and so awesome). 


Here's Day 1:

Wayne was here for breakfast, which he made for everyone, had the lunches done last night, a roast in the crockpot and the sink clear of dishes. (All his chores, at least for this semester. I did lunches and breakfast last semester.... through Thanksgiving anyway. I keep hoping if I continue to shove more of it off on him he will want to buy hot lunches, or with any luck, give up entirely and let me stay home again <haha>). He took Jake in to daycare in Belle on his way into the High School as usual. All in all, we didn't feel our impending struggle yet. He rocked his exit.


The boys and I even got out of the house at 7:10 instead of 7:20 and were able to drop off the Preschooler first then park at the school and make the bus instead of flying down the hill and slamming on the breaks in front of the bus lane to keep the busses from pulling out while the older boys piled out, followed by a mad dash around the corner, up the hill and across the service road to the preschool and back just as quickly to rush into the building 5 minutes before the bell. I'm sure it was an illusion. It will not go this smooth the rest of the week. 


The school was crazy with all that is May. I spent most of my morning collecting calendars, compiling calendars, dissecting calendars, assigning staff to events and scheduling meetings. 






Luke visited the school this morning with his preschool....




It was lunch before I knew it. We had decided to order our local (and best) Mexican, Guadaljaras,  takeout for lunch to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.....






Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!





The afternoon went just as quickly doing the same thing, only in preparation for next school year. I received a text at some point which informed me that Andy's game was in fact tonight instead of tomorrow and he needed to be at the fields at 4:30. Great. On the up side, it's Teacher Appreciation Week and a wagon came around making us Italian Sodas. I chose Peach....mmmmmm!!!!






Then I had an IEP meeting, cleaned up and impatiently waited for the boys to get off the bus, hurried them out the door, grabbed the other 2 kids from 2 different towns and ran home to change.





We all got our gear, a cup of the roast meat, a jug of water, the camera and the stroller then flew out the door to the ball fields.....






















Andy is a magnet for head shots.


I found two of my students from Spear there.....






Jake was incredibly entertained all evening....



 




















A storm was rolling in....






Luke's on the green team this year.....








3 HOURS LATER......



We got home to find Vanilla's rabbit hutch open!!!! She was okay and wasn't eaten by the neighborhood cat, but I was LIVID!!!!!! The damn delinquent neighbor kids are going to catch the wrath of Miss Kandi soon. 


Next it was a snack, some homework and a thunderstorm.....






I LOVE ancestry projects and Andy came home with his first one. He had 3 questions to answer for my side and Wayne's side on which countries we originated from, about when did we immigrate, why and where did we first settle? 





After calling both grandma's and grandpa's, we filled in some gaps I couldn't remember and found out some new fun facts:


Wayne's Side....

Tonsagers came from Norway, possibly could have came from Vikings, kick ass!

Feterls were crooks. One branch changed his name multiple times to get more bank loans. Another evaded Germany to avoid the German Army. 


My side....

Walker's are royalty (King William Henery Howell of Wales & a Cornwall guy too) and the earliest Walker traced was Hillary B. Walker in 1782.

Amans were Pennsylvania Dutch Amish. Brushed that culture a bit in Philly and will gladly claim it. 


Here's one of our ancestry sites that tracks King William Henry Howell down to my great grandpa Leslie Howell. 

http://howellresearch.com/WmHenryHowell-NC_IA.htm

But I know there's one out there that goes all the way to Andrew himself that I would like to find for him to show at school. 

I found me here:

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=maris&id=I264050 

Like I said, I like this stuff ;)






Currently my well hydrated and very talkative husband is annoying me on the phone and Netflix won't connect on Chromecast so I'm watching "Look Who's Talking". 



Overall....too busy to notice. Check back tomorrow. 




No comments :

Post a Comment