Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Craft Day....And a storm to chase?

 Day 11 in Nebraska we decided to attempt low key.

We did some of our favorite Oriental Trade crafts.....







more frog hunting
turmoil in the sky












old gas station rug-
Gas Station used to be our one
24 hour place in Holdrege,
it closed
This is how we do it
in Tornado Alley  
Then the radar was setting up nice for a good evening of storm chasing. Everyone up and down the block was heading for cover. I got a little worried about hail damage on the van and attempted to find some cover myself. I headed down the block to the vacant house's carport....nope Jamie's Mustang was already there. I wondered if I would get n trouble for parking under the entrance to the High School? Finally Dad decided we could go hide it in his shop and pull it in just right as to leave space if his boss decided to park his car there as well. We got it all crammed in there nice and went back home to watch the storm. We sat out on the swing and jumped on the tramp to get better looks out of town and wouldn't you know that storm swung around us too! Just like the one at the lake. Now I only had 1 more night here so I was getting pretty bummed. It just wasn't going to happen for me. But sure to fire way it would be the night after I left Holdrege.







Photo Taken by Nathan Weaver
-It passed over Holdrege and moved
on to Elm Creek on I-80, 17 miles N

The Radar
THAT IS EXACTLY WHT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!! Elm Creek, the exit you take off I-80 and go South 17 miles to Holdrege was hit with a tornado, F3 I believe, the day after I left! I was soooooo mad! I hit up some of my old chaser buddies and got them to send me pictures while they spotted and amateur chased. I guess vicariously is how it will have to be this year.



Photo Taken by Phill Dunn



Photo taken by Phill Dunn








Some links with the scoop on the tornado...






No comments :

Post a Comment