Sunday, March 2, 2014

Rodeo Run 2012....Back in the Saddle

My 1st event since High School! 12 years, 6 pregnancies, 4 kids and not really much training later.....



I Promised myself that after my last child was born, I would go back to running and running competitively. When my baby was just 7 weeks old, I put him in my Sit and Stand stroller and pushed him in my first 5K on the morning of the 4th of July, 2012.









My walking pace was decent. I stepped on the back of my stroller continuously which frustrated me greatly. My joggling stroller had popped tires and was supper wide so I wasn't using it. I decided to get a new one of those before next season.












Upon completing the 5k, I didn't grab my popsicle stick so I don't have an accurate time or place for my first event back, but I did finish and beat the heat. It felt AMAZING.



I had wanted to do a couple more events before the summer ended but was too busy and too low on funds. I did find myself a great 5k route from my house around a park and back though.




Until the next year.....

No comments :

Post a Comment